Tuesday 22 February 2011

Curdling Misery

One thing that's caused my stomach and pride issues recently is when I've used yoghurt instead of cream in cooking and ye olde curdle comes about.  It's never made me actually ill but damaged pride, especially intellectual pride, which can devastate even a feeble kneed chump.

I've read using cornflour with yoghurt stops this reputation sullier. Today I found out when I foolishly forgot cream when prepping for the fool proof moule mariniere plan.  Fortunately, or potentially unfortunately, I had some sick yoghurt in the fridge that I forgot to use in a recipe the other day.  I am typing this as I am cooking so we'll find out soon enough.  Unless the curdle destroys me.

The good news is it worked. A brief list of what constituted my raging success; muscles, white wine, parsley, yoghurt, corn flour, garlic and shallots.  So, thanks Raymond for providing the incentive to better myself, and maybe even given me the accidental chance to get past a crushing fear. 



Saving resources:
Cornflour in yoghurt curries
Raymond Blanc's Shellfish - inspiration, along with cheap Tescos muscles :(

No comments:

Post a Comment