Thursday 26 May 2011

Avoiding Football on Saturday

Two years later and I have to do it again. In May 2008 I had to watch the Wolverine X-Men film so that I couldn't hear the cheers in the pub next to my old house. Back then I did manage to get through the evening without incident. At least until I foolishly went into my bedroom where an open window nearly compromised my entire media blackout. I heard what sounded like a cheer... My heart sank quite a bit, thankfully when I did an urgent check online I found that the cheer was either in my favour or was the blissful groan of people who'd made a morally ambiguous team choice earlier in life.

So with this years Champions League final featuring my old friend Manchester United will probably cause me a fair bit of unhappiness. Especially if Robby sends me a "banterrific" text.

That's basically all I have in my head on this issue other than I hope they lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment