Saturday 2 April 2011

The Final Four and My Biased Opinion

Right, the Final Four for March Madness in American College basketball begins tonight and I'm excited at least half. Being in Wales and the difficulty this brings with regards to scheduling I've discovered the NCAA tournemant this year to be on at very pleasing times, 10pm!, meaning I can actually watch it through the official website without getting too tired.

So the team for me? Well there are 3 ways I can view it, each ultimately linking back to my shortsited bias to the Utah Jazz.

First we have Butler - VCU at 11pm. Here I have 2 options for my massive desire. Butler on the one hand was the team that current Utah player Gordon Hayward led to the final last year and so deserves my current support; VCU on the other hand is the college of Eric Maynor whom Utah drafted 2 years ago and was tragically traded to save money, against my will. Both Eric and Gordon tweet well so I am torn.

In the second game it's Connecticut - Kentucky, a game I won't be watching as it's on later. Now according Facebook Kentucky is my "despised" team. This is because I've been following BYU this year, an uncool Mormon Univeristy, and Kentucky are the antithesis of this being the place all the cool top players go. Inspite of this I mainly feel indifference towards them. UCONN on the other hand have Kemba Walker who is a potential Utah player next year, how could I support against that?

This all leaves me with a dilema and I think it means I want Butler to win, one because it is a funny name for a university and I had an old ice hockey teammate called Butler, and two because I currently like Gordon Hayward a lot. There we are, should be good. I better eat, and dodgy smelling venison awaits!

Brigham Young Cougars Adult One-Fit Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment